The purpose of “180 Day” is to keep the momentum of “180” moving forward and building, through consistent, monthly days of “180”-related online and real world activities. In so doing, we will continue the work of saving the physical lives of unborn children, and seeking to see the lost come to genuine repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.
Day of Month
The Second Wednesday of every month as “180 Day.”
The selection of this day/date is strategic. Wednesdays afford the best opportunity during the school/work week to mobilize the most people, both online and outside or near schools. Wednesday avoids periodic government and school holidays, as well as weekend activities that often keep people from spending much time online, and is the day of week that most students are likely in class.
Each “180 Day” will offer people a number of interesting and creative online and real world challenges designed to motivate you to step out of your comfort zone and share the life-changing, life-saving, gospel-centered message of “180.” The challenges are diverse and, therefore, allow you to participate regardless of your level of evangelism experience. These challenges will be executed on “180 Day” each month. The challenges include (but are not limited to—get creative!) the following efforts:
- Social Media
- High School and College/University Giveaways
- Church Signs
- Project Overpass
- Wearing “180” Apparel
- Contacting Elected Officials
- Facebook members are asked to display a “180 Day”-related thumbnail profile picture on their Facebook pages.
- Facebook members are asked to post “180”-related stories, videos, and blog posts on their Facebook pages.
- Twitter members are asked to display a “180 Day”-related thumbnail profile picture on the Twitter account.
- Twitter members are asked to “tweet” “180”-related stories, videos, and blog posts.
- Christian bloggers are asked to post a “180”-related article on their blog.
- Blog posts should try to meet the specifications outlined by Shane Martin (http://preparingtheway.net/2011/11/17/180-movie-is-a-tsunami-headed-for-abortion-ville/)
High School and College/University Giveaways
- While people will be encouraged to distribute “180 on high school and college campuses whenever they can, “180 Day” will be the official day each month for these activities.
- Churches around the world will be encouraged to change their church marquees to something related to “180” and include the 180movie.com website.
- Some suggested sign verbiage:
- You were created in the image of God – 180movie.com
- Everyone who is pro-choice has already been born – 180movie.com
- We support a child’s right to live – 180movie.com
- Are you sure you are a child of God? – 180movie.com
- There is a holocaust happening, today – 180movie.com
- Those who forget the past are destined to repeat it – 180movie.com
- People will be encouraged to take to the streets and freeway overpasses, holding “180”-related signs and banners.
- Living Waters, if we are not going to provide the signs and the banners through the ministry, should provide suitable artwork files as free downloads, off the Living Waters site.
- Notice: Because of serious safety concerns do not hang a banner over a freeway overpass (it could accidentally fall and cause a car accident). If you are in an area where there is a closed off fence for pedestrians over an overpass, you can “hold” a banner up behind the fence—where there is no chance it could drop onto a vehicle. It is also illegal to attach it to any fence other than your own (including an overpass).
Wearing “180” Apparel
- People will be encouraged to wear “180” apparel (available at www.livingwaters.com) at work and at school, in keeping with their employers’ and schools’ guidelines for appropriate dress
- This will be a great way for students to get involved. Imagine “180 t-shirts, hats, and/or pins being worn by high school and college/university students around the world, on the same day.
Contacting Elected Officials
- Elected officials in every level of government service are now easy to contact online. People will be encouraged to send their elected officials polite and respectful emails encouraging them to watch “180.”
- People will be encouraged to mail their elected officials a “180” DVD.
If you participate in “180 Day,” we want to hear from you! Share your “180” experiences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This data will be collected and catalogued for future use in press releases, blog articles, weekly updates, donor correspondences, and the like.